Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Hybrid working style (POV unmarried man)

(This POV was constructed from the blog author's own research on the topic) 

From Kenta Nobe


I'm a medical engineer working in Tokyo, Japan.

Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, my company started a system where we can work remotely and now we have a hybrid style where I can choose to work from home a few days a week. For me, I really enjoyed the spare time I was able to make by working remotely, so I decided to go to my office 3 days a week, and for the rest, I worked online. This arrangement works perfectly for me as I need to commute for over an hour everyday to get to my office, so by working at home, I am able to cut that time and even get more time to sleep.

One rule I decided for myself is that I will not answer E-mails from collegues after I finished working whether I am at home or my office, because I realized that I was spending too much time on my phone. So, if you make a few rules on how to work remotely, I think people can make it work in their favor.


Written by Manu

1 comment:

  1. It might have been more interesting to state whether Kenta was single or married, and with or without children, since those factors might impact his decision to work remotely some of the time, and it might reveal whether he would feel any responsibility to take part in household chores, such as caring for children. It might highlight the fact that, for woman, working remotely at home can look quite different from the way it looks for men who do it because of differing expectations on how household tasks are divided up.

    ReplyDelete

About our NGO, WLW

WLW (Work and Life for Women) What we are about We are a non-profit organization owned by women based in Japan.where women's participati...